Under general supervision, responsible for carrying our broad assignments involving the sourcing of components and raw materials, requiring extensive or specialized knowledge or experience. Supports the introduction of new products with the objective of sourcing material at the right cost with the right supply chain from the start of production Develops sources of supply where vendors and preferred suppliers are inadequate by leading the Supplier Selection Process in support of NPI. May provide work leadership and train lower level buyers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works within NPI cross-functional project team playing a key part in the co-ordination and delivery of the New Product Development across the company.
- Sources complex direct materials (e.g. die castings, inj moldings, metal fabrications, PCBAs) with suppliers that are capable of meeting the service, quality and cost requirements. Working closely with manufacturing site buyers throughout the sourcing process for new products.
- Coordinates with Design Engineering to identify and negotiate cost reduction opportunities on existing and new products, ensuring early DFM feedback from suppliers.
- Conducts cost/price analysis for all products under their jurisdiction with emphasis on high dollar and sole source procurements. Establish negotiation strategies.
- Maintains positive working relationship with supplier base. Ensures that the Supplier KPI’s governing quality, delivery and NPI performance are considered before deciding to source material from a particular vendor.
- Ensures that all sourcing is based on negotiated competitive bids as submitted by qualified suppliers and in alignment with Should Cost targets (where available).
- Some travel will be required with this role.
- Where applicable, please refer to the Company’s “Schedule of Authority” in order to identify approved spending