£9.50 per hour (days) to £11.21 per hour (nights)
Each of our Mail Centres offer a range of shifts, so finding something that suits you should be simple. At this centre, the typical shifts we have available here are:
Lates (1400 – 2200)
There may also be part time shifts available
Put your stamp on Christmas – Temporary Christmas roles at Royal Mail
Here at Royal Mail, Christmas is our busiest time of year. With so many parcels and letters coming through our warehouse doors, it’s no surprise that we need a few thousand extra helping hands to get everything where it needs to go. That’s why, every year, we hire temporary Mail Centre workers from all different walks of life to help us deliver Christmas across the UK.
Unwrap a new role
Just like Mr & Mrs Claus, you will help to deliver Christmas to everybody in the UK! Flexible and adaptable at all times, you will be doing a very important job. You’ll be helping us unload mail and parcels from our vans, moving them around our warehouses and then sorting them so they arrive at their destination safely – sometimes sorting over a million items in a single shift with your team!
Our Wishlist for Mail Sorters
- You enjoy working to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Being proactive and detailed focused is key
- You are flexible and adaptable to work on various tasks during a shift
- Pushing trolleys (up to 250kgs) and standing for long periods is comfortable for you
- No previous experience is needed – don’t worry, we love new people
- If you do have experience in warehouse or sorting work, with the likes of Amazon or another distribution company, then you are definitely on our wishlist too.