When it opens in 2017 the Queensferry Crossing will be the main route for traffic crossing the Forth. Unlike the Forth Road Bridge, it will have no pedestrian walkway which makes this event a very special moment in time.
The Queensferry Crossing Experience will take place on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd September 2017. It is a free event to celebrate the opening of the Queensferry Crossing and will offer a once in a lifetime opportunity for 50,000 people, selected by ballot, from Scotland and the world to cross on foot.
What to expect;
– Transportation from a pre-assigned Queensferry Crossing Travel Hub to the closed approach roads of the Queensferry Crossing
– You will have 1 hour to spend crossing the 1.7 mile span of the Queensferry Crossing on foot
– Relax and take pictures of yourself, friends and family on the Queensferry Crossing
– Admire the amazing views of the Firth of Forth and the Queensferry Crossing’s more established neighbours, the Road and Rail Bridges
– You can use your opportunity to help others by fundraising as part of your Experience – make it count
– Transportation back to your Queensferry Crossing Travel Hub after you have completed the experience